I love putting up the Christmas tree. We put on the Christmas music, sing, dance and have a good time remembering the past and putting up ornaments that have special meaning. My mother-in-law has a fabulous tree and my aim is to have one like hers some day; but, since my kids are young I just let them have at it and put it up the way they want. We put the tree in the opposite corner this year where the ceiling is higher that way we could get a taller one. I LOVE it. Sometimes I just like to sit next to it in the dark with the tree lights on and remember my Christmas's as a kid. When I was young, my brothers and I would bounce our heads on the couch to the beat of the Christmas carols, right next to the tree. Too bad we'd look silly doing it now, or else I'd do it for sure.
Such concentration!
The finished product.
Things then started getting a little crazy for my two little monkeys! Crazy monkey #1
Crazy monkey #2
Now off I go to await this snow storm.....it's a comin'. Merry Christmas!!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Putting up the Tree
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love your tree. Your boys have such funny expressions. I love it. Thanks for your Christmas thoughts as well. I need a reminder of what to be grateful for. Hang in there and if you or your family needs anything let me know.
Thanks for sharing this heartfelt post Lora. You've been through a lot these past few weeks with your mom being so sick and I've really admired your postitive attitude; I'm sure that has been a huge comfort to your Mom. I hope you have a beautiful Christmas with her this year!
I love the family picture in front of the tree...so cute!
As much as we'd like to have you closer, it is nice that you can be there with your mom to help out. I am jealous of all your east coast activities!!
Post a Comment